02 January 2010

Welcome to My Intrepid Experiment

This is it. For over a year I have wanted to start a blog. In September of 2008, my husband and I and our two young boys left family and friends to start a new job and a new life in the United Arab Emirates. I had hoped to start a blog to chronicle our everyday experiences and adventures, as well as to keep in touch with family and friends back home. Well, it never happened. It is now well over a year later and I am finally sitting down and biting the proverbial bullet while attempting to learn all about this blogging thing. It is my hope as I begin this adventure in blogging that I learn all I can-from the basics of 'how to' publish/upload photos/create links etc. to developing a style all my own.

I am not quite certain what I would like this blog to become. For now, I will use it as a way to share our experiences while living abroad, to force myself to sit down and think/research/write about topics and ideas that are meaningful to me, to share my love of baking and living a simple home-made life, and to learn a new-to-me skill. I am excited! And I welcome all to share in this intrepid experiment with me. I look forward to hearing feedback and gleaning advice from those who have stories and skills to share.

But it is late and I am tired. So I will leave it at that for now. Good night, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment